You get two recipes for the price of one this time. My friend, Amber L. Johnson recently published her debut novella, Where We Fell. (see my review of Where We Fell HERE) At one point in the story, the main girl, Hannah, brings a plate of Butterscotch Treats to Oliver. I wanted to celebrate Amber's success by posting a recipe for these treats here. I found one recipe on the Kellogg's site http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/butterscotch-treats
6 cups Crisp Rice Cereal
2 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter
Chocolate Topping (original recipe, I suggest doubling this to create an complete layer of chocolate over the treats.)
1 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a medium pot, melt the butterscotch chips and peanut butter over medium heat on the stove.
2. Once the butterscotch chips are completely melted, mix in the cereal.
3. Spread in a greased 9X13 pan
4. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for approx 30 minutes
1. Heat all ingredients over medium-high heat
2. Carefully spread the chocolate over the top of the treats
3. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes, then enjoy.
|My kids call this stuff "crack". It's every bit as addictive.|